New EMF Guide and mobile app from the ITU
A new mobile application that provides a guide to electromagnetic fields (EMF) has been launched by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), a United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs).
The new app is available at http://emfguide.itu.int and is specially designed for smart phones, tablets and desktops via a single URL.
The purpose of the EMF Guide is to provide information and education resources on Electromagnetic Fields suitable for all communities, stakeholders and governments.
It offers an introduction to EMF and their relationship with health, as well as the various internationally agreed guidelines and standards designed to ensure safety in the use of mobile phones and other wireless technologies.
The primary reference on EMF and health is the World Health Organization (WHO).
EMF Guide mobile app - main menu
EMF Guide Features
- Simple and intuitive design, providing easy to access EMF information.
- Important tool for communication on EMF.
- Compatible with all mobile operating systems - iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry.
- Designed to work on PCs and laptops via a special desktop viewer.
- Includes the ITU EMF recommendations and links to main international EMF Standards.
Accessing the EMF Guide
- The EMF Guide is available at http://emfguide.itu.int
- The mobile app can be saved as a bookmark to your smart phone or tablet home screen
- This application will be regularly updated based on new information or research made available by ITU and WHO.
- The mobile app will also be available on the app stores in 2015.
Source: ITU EMF Guide Information Sheet Dec2014
ITU EMF program - Click here for additional information on the ITU EMF program